5 Things You Can Do to Support the People of the DRC
1. Educate yourself about the devastating war and sexual violence in the DRC. Go to www.enoughproject.org or visit the Resources section of our website. Raise awareness by telling others what you learn.
2. Contact Your State Representatives.
Ask them to support the MA Congo Conflict Minerals bill (An Act Relative to Congo Conflict Minerals) to address the illegal minerals trade that is perpetuating the war. Go to Take Action > Write your Representatives for contact information and a sample letter/email.
3. Sign Our Petition to the Massachusetts legislature in support of the MA Congo Conflict Minerals Bill. Click here to sign, then share via facebook and twitter and ask your friends to sign as well.
4. Commit to buying conflict-free products that do not finance the continuing violence in the DRC. Go to www.enoughproject.org and send an email to the world’s 21 largest electronics companies, pressuring them to remove conflict minerals from their products.
5. Urge President Obama to immediately and fully implement the Democratic Republic of Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act (P.L. 109-456). This legislation requires the U.S. government to hold neighboring countries accountable for destabilizing activities in the DRC. Visit the Write Your Representatives section of our website to download a sample letter/email.